I want to add a new protocol to CyberDuck

Scott

May 26, 2021, 2:43:40 AM5/26/21
to Cyberduck
I want to add a new protocol to CyberDuck. The platform I want to add is Cloudflare Workers KV which like Amazon S3 supports REST operations GET, PUT, DELETE as well as a list operation.

But I don't know where to start. It's an open source project programmed in Java. I am familiar with OO but have minimal Java coding experience so basically I want to know how to add to the project. I have never done anything like that before.

Also, I tried to register an account on CyberDuck.io but I'm not getting the verification email so I can't post a feature request there.

David Kocher

May 26, 2021, 8:03:47 AM5/26/21
to Cyberduck
Hi,

Regarding the Trac login issue. You will have to login at https://trac.cyberduck.io/login to receive the verification email.

For contributing a new protocol implementation you will have to get an idea of our project structure using Maven modules. Each protocol implementation is implemented as a Maven module implementing all required and optional interfaces defined [1]. Have a look at other protocol implementations to get the idea. Our README [2] has some instructions to setup the build environment.

[1] https://github.com/iterate-ch/cyberduck/tree/master/core/src/main/java/ch/cyberduck/core/features
[2] https://github.com/iterate-ch/cyberduck/blob/master/README.md

— David
> --
> --
> Post bug reports and feature requests
> http://trac.cyberduck.ch/newticket
> --
> Support development
> http://cyberduck.ch/donate/
>
> ---

Scott

May 29, 2021, 6:10:00 PM5/29/21
to Cyberduck
Thanks. So far I have not been able to verify my email with cyberduck.io as the verification email never appears in my gmail inbox or spam folder. But right now I need help with something else.

On my Windows 10 computer I have installed the following::
  • Java 15 SDK
  • Apache Ant
  • Apache Maven
  • Visual Studio 2017
    • .NET Desktop development-Workload
  • Windows 10 SDK (10.0.19041)
I have still not installed:
How do I install MSBuild? From the command line I have tried `winget install MSBuildTasks` as well as `Install-Package MSBuildTasks` but nothing works.

Do I need Bonjour SDK? That seemed like it was for Mac so I've skipped it so far.

Scott

May 31, 2021, 2:17:09 PM5/31/21
to Cyberduck
This is what it says when I type `Install-Package MSBuildTasks`

Install-Package : No match was found for the specified search criteria and package name 'MSBuildTasks'. Try
Get-PackageSource to see all available registered package sources.
At line:1 char:1
+ Install-Package MSBuildTasks
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Microsoft.Power....InstallPackage:InstallPackage) [Install-Package], Ex
   ception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFoundForCriteria,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackage