Theme One • A Program Of Inquiry

Jon Awbrey

Jun 12, 2022, 1:08:12 PM6/12/22
to Cybernetic Communications, Laws of Form, Ontolog Forum, Structural Modeling, SysSciWG
Cf: Survey of Theme One Program • 4
http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2022/06/12/survey-of-theme-one-program-4/

All,

Here's an updated Survey ( https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/surveys/ )
of blog and wiki posts relating to the Theme One Program I worked on
all through the 1980s, with continuing commentary and discussion since.

The aim was to develop fundamental algorithms and data structures for
integrating empirical learning with logical reasoning. I had earlier
developed separate programs for basic components of those tasks, namely,
2-level formal language learning and propositional constraint satisfaction,
the latter using an extension of C.S. Peirce's logical graphs as a syntax for
propositional logic.

Thus arose the question of how well it might be possible to get “empiricist”
and “rationalist” modes of operation to cooperate. The long-term vision is
the design and implementation of an Automated Research Tool able to double
as a platform for Inquiry Driven Education.

There's a lot of links, so I'll post just a few off the top ...

Wiki Hub
========

Theme One Program • Overview
( https://oeis.org/wiki/Theme_One_Program_%E2%80%A2_Overview )