Re: [eus-en] European Union for Systemics - Latest news!

Stuart Umpleby

Aug 25, 2021, 10:17:32 AM8/25/21
to cybcom
The European Union for Systemics (EUS) seems to have replaced the European Meetings on Cybernetics and Systems Research in  Vienna, the meetings of the Dutch Systems Group in Amsterdam, and the few Heinz von Foerster Society meetings in Vienna.  A series of meetings in Maribor, Slovenia, just south of Austria,  are continuing.  These conferences all used English.  The EUS meetings use French as much or more than English and welcome other languages, e.g., Spanish and Italian.
Stuart

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 10:00 AM Damien Claeys <damien...@uclouvain.be> wrote:

Hello to all,

Here is the latest news from the European Union for Systemics (EUS):

1. After a decade, Andrée Piecq has completed her mandate as general secretary in May 2021 and has accepted the mandate of honorary secretary-general. We thank her sincerely for her deep commitment in the development of the EUS and in the diffusion of the concepts of the systemic approach. Our learned society owes her a large tribute.

The website of the EUS has been moved to an independent server of the UCLouvain and the domain name extension .eu has been replaced by an extension .org:

2. We invite you to participate in the next tri-annual congress of the EUS under the direction of prof. Nikitas A. Assimakopoulos:

  • theme: "Systemic Design Thinking for Creativity"
  • organization: online congress, Athens, from 6 to 9 October 2021
  • conference website: https://confe.hsss.eu

3. We invite you to submit your papers to the journal Acta Europeana Systemica (AES) on an OJS platform of the UCLouvain:

Take care of yourself,

Damien Claeys

(General Secretary EUS)

cid:image001.jpg@01D5D13D.C464FAA0

Damien Claeys

Professeur

Faculté d’architecture, d’ingénierie architecturale, d’urbanisme

Institut de Recherche de Louvain pour le Territoire, l’Architecture, l’Environnement Construit

> Laboratoire Théorie des systèmes en architecture

Rue Wafelaerts, 47/51 bte B3.01.01 B-1060-Bruxelles

www.uclouvain.be | www.tsa-lab.be | revue lieuxdits | www.ues-eus.org | AES journal

--
Stuart A. Umpleby, Professor Emeritus of Management, George Washington University, Washington, DC; Home: P.O. Box 373, Nellysford, VA 22958, 571-305-0085http://blogs.gwu.edu/umpleby

Jason the Goodman

Aug 25, 2021, 11:45:36 PM8/25/21
to cyb...@googlegroups.com
Stuart, Nikitas A. Assimakopoulos is a good organizer and I guess he has the ability to get funding for these meetings from the government.
Best- Jason