Survey of Cybernetics

Jon Awbrey

Apr 26, 2023, 2:48:37 PM4/26/23
to Cybernetic Communications, Laws of Form, Structural Modeling, SysSciWG
Cf: Survey of Cybernetics • 3
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2023/04/26/survey-of-cybernetics-3/

All,

There's an updated Survey of my blog posts pertaining to Cybernetics
on the page linked above. It includes the selections and commentary
I've posted so far on Ashby's Intro, which I hope to get back to one
of these days, plus two series of posts reflecting on the governance
of social systems in the light of cybernetic and semiotic principles.

Here's the links for the series on “Theory and Therapy of Representations” —

1 https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2022/09/13/theory-and-therapy-of-representations-1-2/
2 https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2022/09/14/theory-and-therapy-of-representations-2-2/
3 https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2022/09/16/theory-and-therapy-of-representations-3-2/
4 https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2022/09/17/theory-and-therapy-of-representations-4-2/
5 https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2023/04/26/theory-and-therapy-of-representations-5-2/

Regards,

Jon

Jon Awbrey

Jan 25, 2024, 1:10:36 PMJan 25
to Conceptual Graphs, Cybernetic Communications, Laws of Form, Structural Modeling, SysSciWG
Survey of Cybernetics • 4
http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2024/01/25/survey-of-cybernetics-4/

❝Again, in a ship, if a man were at liberty to do what he chose,
but were devoid of mind and excellence in navigation (αρετης
κυβερνητικης), do you perceive what must happen to him and
his fellow sailors?❞

— Plato • Alcibiades • 135 A

All,

This is a Survey of blog posts relating to Cybernetics.
It includes the selections from Ashby's “Introduction to
Cybernetics” and the comments on them I've posted so far,
plus two series of reflections on the governance of social
systems in light of cybernetic and semiotic principles.

Please follow the above link for the full set of resources. By way of
a selection, links for the series on “Basal Ingredients Of Society” are
given below.

Basal Ingredients Of Society (BIOS) —

Prologue
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2015/09/01/basal-ingredients-of-society-prologue/