Fwd: Spencer-Brown's grave now in marked state!

Bernard C E Scott

Jun 20, 2022, 7:58:44 AM6/20/22
to conver...@asc-cybernetics.org, cyb...@googlegroups.com, Angus Jenkinson, Marcuello Chaime, Lucas Pawlik

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Graham Ellsbury <gra...@ellsbury.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 at 11:16
Subject: Spencer-Brown's grave now in marked state!
To: <gra...@ellsbury.com>

Dear all,

On Thursday, 16 June 2022, after much planning, a gravestone was laid on
George Spencer-Brown's grave. Leon and I attended the grave that beautiful
sunny morning and took a few photos which we attach.

The gravestone, of polished black granite with gilt lettering, giving his
name, dates and the initials of the primary arithmetic, is magnificent. We
hope the photos reflect this.

Our deep gratitude goes out to each and every one of you who contributed to
the fund, and to Akiem Helmling for finessing the final design.

The cost of the gravestone has been covered in full, along with five years'
damage insurance, and we have a small surplus which we may put toward future
insurance.

GSB lies, as he wished, in unconsecrated ground in Brookwood cemetery, close
to the grave of Charles Bradlaugh, the Victorian freethinker. The cemetery
is vast, so for those who may wish to visit, the grave is located in: Holly
Avenue, Plot 108, Brookwood cemetery, Woking, Surrey.

I will shortly discuss obtaining Notable Grave status with Brookwood
cemetery.

With warm regards to you all - and many thanks again for all your help!

Graham

Graham Ellsbury
27 Peckarmans Wood
Dulwich
London SE26 6RY
United Kingdom

p.s. Please let me know if you wish to have your email address removed from
this list or if you wish to add another email address.

DSCF3508.JPG
DSCF3523.JPG
DSCF3525.JPG
Stone 2.jpg