possible process_image bug

DaveWatts

Feb 25, 2011, 12:45:14 PM2/25/11
to cxidb
Hi,

I am trying out the quickstart tutorial and when I get to the stage 4

process_image -i edited_ring.h5 -o ring_downsampled.h5 -a 3
Use process_image -h for details on how to run this program

I get the same help message regardless of input parameters and no
output image (ring_downsampled.h5).

My platform:

Lucid Lynx, 2.6.32-22-generic-pae #36-Ubuntu SMP

Filipe Maia

Feb 25, 2011, 12:51:44 PM2/25/11
to cx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Did you download the precompiled binaries or did you compile it yourself?

Cheers,
Filipe

David Watts - Victor Lamzin Group Member

Feb 25, 2011, 12:57:10 PM2/25/11
to cx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The precompiled binaries.

Cheers

David

Filipe Maia

Feb 25, 2011, 1:19:52 PM2/25/11
to cx...@googlegroups.com, David Watts - Victor Lamzin Group Member
There seems to be a bug with the wrapper scripts bundled with the precompiled linux version, which prevents arguments from being passed to the program. To fix the problem open the process_image file in a text editor (it's simply a perl script) and change the last line from:
exec("$binsdir/$basename");
to:
exec("$binsdir/$basename @ARGV");

or simply replace with the attached script. Unfortunately the problem exists in all the scripts so if you want to use other programs you will have to do similar fixes.
I will try to release a new precompiled linux version without this problem as soon as I have some free time.
Thanks for the bug report!

Cheers,
Filipe
process_image

David Watts - Victor Lamzin Group Member

Feb 25, 2011, 1:31:59 PM2/25/11
to cx...@googlegroups.com
Great, that solves the problem.

Cheers