[GSoC'24] Project Update:Keyboard Shortcuts Customization

Muhammad Taha Mukhtar

Jun 7, 2024, 11:11:52 AMJun 7
to cvat-gsoc-2024

Hello CVAT Community,

I am thrilled to share that I am contributing to CVAT as part of Google Summer of Code 2024. My project focuses on enhancing CVAT with customizable shortcut support.

The community bonding period has just concluded, during which I finalized my High-Level Design (HLD) document. This will guide my efforts throughout the coding period.

In the first week of coding, I concentrated on refining the existing shortcut storage and adding the capability to register new shortcuts. The updated storage will initially be empty. I have also redesigned the existing shortcut workflow, enabling components to register their shortcuts according to the proposed solution. At this stage, I have implemented a preliminary version of the ConflictsDetector, which currently indicates no conflicts.

I am immensely grateful for this incredible opportunity and extend my heartfelt thanks to Boris, my GSoC mentor, for his unwavering support during this first week. I look forward to keeping the community updated on my progress. Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out via email or LinkedIn.

Thank you,
Muhammad Taha Mukhtar

Muhammad Taha Mukhtar

Jun 15, 2024, 3:36:52 PMJun 15
to cvat-gsoc-2024

Hello CVAT Community,

We are now in our second week of contributing to CVAT. Since the last update, I have updated all components to include shortcuts according to the new workflow outlined in the HLD, where components register their shortcuts. The pull request for these changes is currently under review and will be merged into the codebase after that. Currently, I am working on completing the third point in my HLD of Phase I and will keep you all updated on the progress.