Issue with $ pip install -r cvat/requirements/development.txt

Danish Zulfiqar

Mar 17, 2024, 5:10:33 PMMar 17
to cvat-gsoc-2024
Hi there I am getting error while getting requirements

rror: subprocess-exited-with-error

  × Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
  │ exit code: 1
  ╰─> [80 lines of output]
      Compiling av/plane.pyx because it changed.
      [1/1] Cythonizing av/plane.pyx
      Compiling av/dictionary.pyx because it changed.
      [1/1] Cythonizing av/dictionary.pyx
      Compiling av/stream.pyx because it changed.
      [1/1] Cythonizing av/stream.pyx
      Compiling av/option.pyx because it changed.
      [1/1] Cythonizing av/option.pyx
      Compiling av/enum.pyx because it changed.
      [1/1] Cythonizing av/enum.pyx
      Compiling av/bytesource.pyx because it changed.
      [1/1] Cythonizing av/bytesource.pyx
      Compiling av/buffer.pyx because it changed.
      [1/1] Cythonizing av/buffer.pyx
      Compiling av/packet.pyx because it changed.
      [1/1] Cythonizing av/packet.pyx
      Compiling av/error.pyx because it changed.
      [1/1] Cythonizing av/error.pyx
      Compiling av/_core.pyx because it changed.
      [1/1] Cythonizing av/_core.pyx
      Compiling av/format.pyx because it changed.
      [1/1] Cythonizing av/format.pyx

can any one help with the issue, I am using Apple Silicon (M2).

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 8.14.21 AM.png

Abhishek Kantharia

Mar 18, 2024, 3:22:46 AMMar 18
to Danish Zulfiqar, cvat-gsoc-2024
Hello Danish,

It seems like you're encountering a build error when trying to install a Python package on an Apple Silicon (M2) chip. This error typically occurs when a required build tool is missing or the package doesn't support the operating system or Python version you're using.

Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Ensure all build tools are installed: For Apple Silicon chips, you might need to install some tools using Homebrew. For example, if you're trying to install a package that requires mecab, you can install it using brew install mecab.

2. Upgrade pip, setuptools, and wheel: Sometimes upgrading these tools can resolve compatibility issues. You can upgrade them using the following command:

pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel

3. Check for OS-specific instructions: Some packages may have specific instructions for macOS on Apple Silicon chips. Check the package documentation for any such instructions.

4. Look for alternative packages: If the package you're trying to install doesn't support Apple Silicon, you may need to look for an alternative package that offers similar functionality.

If you continue to face issues, please provide more details or the complete error message, and I'll do my best to assist you further.

Remember to replace `pip` with `pip3` or the appropriate command if you're using a different version of Python.

Regards,
Abhishek Kantharia

Vidit Agarwal

Mar 18, 2024, 3:23:10 AMMar 18
to cvat-gsoc-2024
Which python version are you using?
Try using python 3.10

Hari Sathwik

Apr 1, 2024, 5:18:21 AMApr 1
to cvat-gsoc-2024
Hi all, I am facing the same "subprocess error". I am using Python 3.10 on windows. Please help him on this issue

Kapil Jangid

Apr 2, 2024, 4:27:53 AMApr 2
to cvat-gsoc-2024
Hey! I was having the same issue with    pip install -r cvat/requirements/development.txt
after working on it for hrs i got some understanding not sure hoe much i understood though..
1. What Version is your Ubuntu.. is it 18.04? then it's python version is 2.7(default for ubuntu)!! Same with the Ubuntu Version 20.04 it's python version is 3.8 (default for ubuntu). Whereas we need at least 3.10 or higher version of python for successfull compeletion of the requirements or devependencies installation..
2. I have python 3.11 in my Window PC but it didn't work out quite well as WSL Ubuntu shell was only taking WSL or Ubuntu's python version.

I tried to update the python's version in WSL Ubuntu but it got more complicated than it already was....
Then after trying to update py

And it worked for me..
This was the error i was getting
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-02 at 03.57.02_a023546c.jpg