GSoC proposal feedback: API keys and token-based auth

Roman Donchenko

Apr 1, 2024, 12:14:55 PMApr 1
to krishav...@gmail.com, cvat-gsoc-2024
Hello Krishav,

I'm writing with regards to your Google Summer of Code proposal, "API keys and token-based auth for SDK and CLI".

I have reviewed your proposal, and here is my feedback.

Your proposal is lacking in detail, which makes it hard to determine whether it would be viable. We would be interested in details such as the following:

  • A breakdown of the project into smaller tasks, with time estimations for each.
  • A rough outline of changes you're planning to introduce to each component. This doesn't have to be perfectly polished (naturally, it will be refined during development), but you should still have some idea of what you're getting into. For this proposal, for example, it would be useful to see:
    • Any API endpoints you would need to add or modify.
    • The structure of API key-related models in the database.
    • Changes to the CVAT UI that you will introduce to enable users to create/revoke keys (if you can create a mock-up, that would be great).
    • How one would use the SDK/CLI with API keys.
    • And any other details you find relevant.
  • A description of 3rd-party libraries (if any) that you're planning to use to implement the proposal.

Please update your proposal with the requested details, so that we may proceed with reviewing it.

Thanks,
Roman.