Anthro Club 10/9 Minutes

Kathryne J Johnson

Oct 10, 2008, 2:10:54 AM10/10/08
to FRESNO...@listserv.csufresno.edu
Hello fellow Anthros!

Today was another Anthro Club meeting! Since not very many people made
it to the meeting today, here are a couple things to keep you on track.

Our meeting scheduled for November 4th is going to be rescheduled, date
and time TBA. Go vote!

Next Saturday we are planning on having a couple people go to the Community
Food Bank from 8am to 12pm. The address for the event is 3403 E. Central
Avenue, Fresno 93725. Let us know if you can join us! I will be
carpooling from the campus.

We are now in the process of taking any Anthro Club shirt design
suggestions. You are welcome to submit a design as a JPEG attachment in
email to Alecia (taur...@csufresno.edu) The deadline is November 1st.
Please have the design be original (nothing copyrighted) and please have
the design be black and white or very limited colors.

The Anthro Club is also looking into the possibility of participating in
a team building exercise, but we will need at least 12 participants. And
here is some neat information:
The EDGE Challenge course offers group-oriented activities that foster
teamwork, leadership, self-esteem, creativity and personal awareness.
Beginning with energizing games, your group moves through a series of
low element initiatives that foster problem solving, trust, and
cooperation. Through these activities, the group builds a foundation for
working together and individuals learn introspective techniques for
leadership and interpersonal skills. Then individuals, with the support
of the group, tackle the culminating experience, the high ropes elements.

EDGE Grant Requirements and Information:

-Grants are awarded on a first come-first served basis to registered
student clubs/organizations.

-All participants must be members of the club submitting the application.

-Course length is 3.5 hours, and must be completed at one time (time
cannot be divided.)

-Course consists of low and high elements.

-All participants must sign waiver form.
-Groups MUST be between 12-25 participants in size

To view a video of the ropes course, please view the attached link:

http://www.csufresno.edu/chhs/depts_programs/rec_leisure_studies/about/edge.shtml

Let us know if you're interested in participating! It sounds like fun!

And lastly, if you have yet to sign up for the Anthro Club Facebook
Group here is the link again:
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=28908403206

Your Secretary,
Kathryne Johnson