HGSA Symposium

Michael A Eissinger

Apr 7, 2008, 9:35:09 AM4/7/08
to FRESNO...@listserv.csufresno.edu
This Saturday, I will be one of 12 presenters at the 10th annual HGSA
Conference, here at CSU FResno. Although these are mostly historians
presenting papers, many of them are social or cultural papers with
subjects you in which you might be interested. Besides my paper on
African Americans and Racism in the SJ Valley, my panel partner, the
Elvia Rodriguez has a paper on the Tulsa, Zoot Suit and Watts Riots
which might be interesting. Both afternoon panels look like they might
have "stuff" that would interest cultural antrhopologists, if for no
other reason than to see the differences in approach and presentation
of subjects that would lend themselves to a cultural anthropological
or ethnographic approach.

I'm including a copy of the rough draft of the program.

It would be great to see all (or some... even one) of you there.

Michael Eissinger
Department of History
California State University, Fresno

2008_Symposium_Schedule.doc