DG Azevêdo briefs APEC trade ministers on preparations for MC11

1 view

CUTS-TradeForum

May 24, 2017, 12:41:19 AM5/24/17
to CUTS-TradeForum

From: CUTS International

DG Azevêdo briefs APEC trade ministers on preparations for MC11

World Trade Organisation

May 22, 2017

Speaking at an APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) trade ministers’ meeting in Hanoi, Viet Nam, on 20 May, Director-General Roberto Azevêdo reported on the state of play in WTO work and on preparations for the WTO’s 11th Ministerial Conference in Buenos Aires, in December this year.

The Director-General welcomed the engagement of ministers in the discussion led by the Chair of the meeting, Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Tuan Anh. In his statement, the Chair noted:

"We reaffirm our commitment to achieving free and open trade and underscore the importance of ensuring the effective functioning of a rules-based, transparent, non-discriminatory multilateral trading system as embodied in the WTO.

“Building on the outcomes achieved at the previous Ministerial Conferences of the WTO, we commit to make the utmost efforts to achieve a successful 11th Ministerial Conference in Buenos Aires from 11 to 14 December 2017.”

Please read this news item at:

https://www.wto.org/english/news_e/news17_e/dgra_22may17_e.htm

CUTS E-GROUP FORUMS

FunCompForum for news and views on Economic Policy & Governance Issues in India
CompetitiOnlineForum for International Competition, Investment and Regulation news and views
CUTSTradeForum for International Trade & Development news and views
CUTS-SouthAsia to discuss Trade and Economic (including Competition and Investment and Regulations) issues and challenges in South Asia
CUTSConsumersUp for Consumer Empowerment in India to take the consumer movement forward
CUTSGovForum to discuss news and views on Governance issues and challenges in India