Size of map

Sigurd Sverdrup

Mar 31, 2022, 2:37:36 PM3/31/22
to custom-m...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I have used Custom Maps for some years, but now it says my maps are to big to be loaded into CM.

I have A4 maps printed in colour and try to scan them on a flatbed skanner. Have tryed several resolutions, from 200dpi to 600 dpi and several formats: JPEG, PDF, BMP and PNG, but I must og Down to 200x200 resolition to get a small enough file.

My Samsung S21 says it can handle 24Mb Picture size,. These files are much smaller.

What can be wrong?

Sincerely Sigurd Sverdrup

Sendt fra E-post for Windows

Marko Teittinen

Mar 31, 2022, 6:36:00 PM3/31/22
to Sigurd Sverdrup, custom-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sigurd,

Sorry about the problem. There are two bugs causing the problem you are seeing. First is that the current version (1.8.1) of Custom Maps fails to handle spaces and most special characters correctly. The second bug causes Custom Maps to show an incorrect error message when that happens claiming that the image is too large.

So the issue can be worked around by renaming the map image that you want to use to have only letters A-Z, a-z, digits 0-9, and dashes and underscores ("-" and "_") in its name.

Note that this issue only affects the image file name. The actual map name can use any characters you want.

Marko Teittinen
Author of Custom Maps