Custom Maps

Jan Pavelka

Jan 25, 2021, 4:07:09 PM1/25/21
to custom-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I find your app so great and simple!

I was wandering, if there was similar app for iOS. Just asking as you could be aware of any colleagues working on another platform.
I was about to teach my iOS-using friend how to georeference, but we weren't able to find proper app.

Thank you in advance!

Your sincerely,

Jan

Marko Teittinen

Jan 28, 2021, 1:47:02 AM1/28/21
to Jan Pavelka, Custom Maps users
Hello Jan,

Thanks for contacting me. I'm happy to hear that you enjoy my app.

I've been often asked if there's a version of Custom Maps or something similar for iOS, but as far as I know there is not. I have never owned an iOS device so I have not done a thorough search, but nobody has come back to tell me that they have found such an app.

But Custom Maps works also on very old Android devices, so maybe you can find a discarded/unused old Android phone that your friend could use and install Custom Maps on it. Custom Maps also doesn't require data connection other than at the time when creating a map which can be done at home using wifi connection, so the phone wouldn't even need to have a SIM card in it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Marko Teittinen
Author of Custom Maps