New Beta Release: 1.6 beta 4

Marko Teittinen

Feb 18, 2020, 1:58:03 AM2/18/20
to Custom Maps users
Available in Play Store

Notable changes in 1.6 beta 4
  • Displayed map maintains position and zoom level when leaving and returning to Custom Maps
  • Custom Maps can now handle PDF files with spaces in the filename
  • Improvements to German translation
  • In case I haven't mentioned earlier, Custom Maps runs fine on Chromebooks and supports zooming using mouse wheel, if you have a mouse connected
    • Chromebooks are mostly useful for creating new maps and then transferring them to mobile devices (or to Google Drive to be used later). I don't expect anyone to actually use Chromebook when they are utilizing the maps they create. Besides, I don't know any Chromebooks that would have GPS chips in them.
Known bug (in all current versions)
  • When a rotated map image is used, selecting tiepoints near image edges causes incorrect alignment that is noticeable in preview. I will fix this before next non-beta release.

Let me know if you discover any new issues with the latest version

Marko Teittinen
Author of Custom Maps