problem installing Curv on Windows, Advice?

Jonathan Wagstaff

Jul 9, 2020, 12:19:57 PM7/9/20
to cu...@googlegroups.com
I am having an issue installing your Curv software on Windows.

I am on step b
image.png
I copied and pasted each of the text files into Notepad++, I also pasted them directly into the MSYS2 system.
image.png
I appologise for the stupid question/ lack of experience. If you have any suggestions for resolving this problem please share. Thanks.

Jonathan Wagstaff

Doug Moen

Jul 13, 2020, 11:46:07 PM7/13/20
to Curv
I just finished writing a new set of instructions for building Curv on Windows. They are easier to follow and more robust. The new instructions are in the WINDOWS.md file at the root of the git repo.

I also fixed a regression in the Curv source code that was causing a build error on Windows.

You can probably figure out how to finish the build that you are part way through by reading the new instructions. However, you could also just uninstall the "MSYS2 64bit" application then start over again from scratch.

Doug Moen.

Attachments:
  • image.png
  • image.png

Doug Moen

Jul 15, 2020, 7:23:41 PM7/15/20
to Curv
I just fixed a bunch of minor problems with the Windows port, and tweaked the installation procedure.

The Curv REPL (interactive shell) does not run properly using the MSYS2 terminal window. You need to use a standard Windows terminal window instead: either the Command Prompt, or the PowerShell. I've modified the Curv source and updated the installation procedure to support Command Prompt and PowerShell.

At this point, I've tested all the major features, and Curv is ready to use under Windows.