The Classics Shine At UK Awards

1 view

Mumbai Theatre Guide

Mar 27, 2024, 10:03:31 AMMar 27
to curtain-c...@googlegroups.com

if you are unable to view the mail click here.

mumbaitheatreguide
mumbaitheatreguide mumbaitheatreguide mumbaitheatreguide mumbaitheatreguide

Wednesday, 27 Mar 2024

Dear Reader,

The Classics Shine At UK Awards

Stage and screen stars. Andrew Scott, David Tennant and Sophie Okonedo won the acting prizes at the 33rd U.K. Critics' Circle Theatre Awards, interestingly for classics.

Scott won best actor for VANYA, a one-man Chekov adaptation which saw him play eight different characters in conversation with each other. In February, Scott had won best actor at the Critics' Circle film awards, making him the first double winner at the Critics' Circle, winning at both the Film Awards and the Theatre Awards.

Scott is quoted as saying, "It's a thrilling delight. I've been involved with both film and theatre ever since I started acting when I was 17 years old. I've always worked between the two mediums. So to have these two projects, which were very dear to me, be recognized is more than I could have wished for."

Sophie Okonedo won best actress for her role as the titular character in MEDEA. The Trewin Award for best Shakespearean performance went to David Tennant for MACBETH.

In the UK, actors work across mediums, enriching themselves too in the process.

"If you cried a little less, the audience would cry more."
- Edith Evans

PROJECT S.T.R.I.P

mumbaitheatreguide

Atelier's ACT Season 14

mumbaitheatreguide

Bookings now Open : Exclusive Black Box Theatre in Four Bunglows, Andheri West.

Video Interviews

News

Upcoming Shows

Reviews

Gupshups

Workshops

Schedules

mumbaitheatreguide
More mumbai schedules

mumbaitheatreguide
More Delhi Schedules

mumbaitheatreguide
More Pune Schedules

mumbaitheatreguide
More Bengaluru Schedules

mumbaitheatreguide
More Other Schedules

Website URL: mumbaitheatreguide.com
Address: B/8, Ground floor, Sahyog Apartment, SV Rd, opposite Lohana Mahajan Wadi, Kandivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400067 india.
Contact Number: 91.9892121148 / 9223251148
Email ID: resp...@mumbaitheatreguide.com
if you wish to unsubscribe to this newsletter, please click here