Some Valuable Tips

1 view

Mumbai Theatre Guide

Jan 17, 2024, 10:23:16 AMJan 17
to curtain-c...@googlegroups.com

if you are unable to view the mail click here.

mumbaitheatreguide
mumbaitheatreguide mumbaitheatreguide mumbaitheatreguide mumbaitheatreguide

Wednesday, 17 Jan 2024

Dear Reader,

Some Valuable Tips

Critics from The Guardian have complied a list of how to be a better audience, and a couple of pointers for their theatre audiences apply to ours too. And we have people who not just let their phones ring, but answer them and chat while a show is on!

Writes Arifa Akbar:

Stop fake laughing
It might come from a place of generosity – sending out a reassuring signal to actors, making an effort to add to the atmosphere – but forced laughter is obvious, and en masse it has the ear-piercing sound of a road drill.

Don't dawdle
Standing stock still in the middle of the lobby with your companions, especially after the bell has gone, obstructs others trying to get to their seats. The pre-show bustle is all part of the excitement but not when there's a wall of bodies refusing to budge.

Stop clapping so much
I mean, after every song at a musical ... It's not Pop Idol. I have seen actors freeze and wait for it to end before they can get on with the next scene. ( For our audience we can add after every funny line!)

Put your smartwatch on dim
It's annoying to see them beaming around the auditorium every time someone moves a wrist.

Oh yes! You know who the offenders are!

"Theatre exists only because it is overwhelming, because its acting is astonishing. Where a theatre and its acting are merely 'good,' merely 'correct,' merely 'in the proper style,' theatre dies a slow death."
- Robert Cohen

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

mumbaitheatreguide

AJAATSHATRU

mumbaitheatreguide

The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2024 Registration

mumbaitheatreguide

Yatri Rangotsav 2024

mumbaitheatreguide

Video Interview

News

mumbaitheatreguide

Upcoming Shows

Theatre Speaks

Reviews

Gupshups

Workshops

Schedules

mumbaitheatreguide
More mumbai schedules

mumbaitheatreguide
More Pune Schedules

mumbaitheatreguide
More Delhi Schedules

mumbaitheatreguide
More Bengaluru Schedules

mumbaitheatreguide
More Other Schedules

Website URL: mumbaitheatreguide.com
Address: B/8, Ground floor, Sahyog Apartment, SV Rd, opposite Lohana Mahajan Wadi, Kandivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400067 india.
Contact Number: 91.9892121148 / 9223251148
Email ID: resp...@mumbaitheatreguide.com
if you wish to unsubscribe to this newsletter, please click here