Cursive 1.12.5

Cursive

Nov 30, 2022, 7:02:17 PM11/30/22
to cur...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Cursive 1.12.5 is out! It adds support for the new IntelliJ 2022.3 release, and also contains a bunch of quality-of-life improvements and bug fixes.

The main feature in this release is support for IntelliJ 2022.3. This has been a tricky release for several reasons, and there are still some outstanding issues with it. If you're having problems please let me know and I'll try to get the issues resolved ASAP.

You might have noticed code author annotations recently in other languages - IntelliJ will now show them for Clojure code too. If you'd like to see them in more places than they currently appear, let me know.

You can choose to always have stubs generated rather than having to use the notification all the time, and you can also opt to ignore error output for a particular module when stubs are generated - this had been a problem with java-time and Clojure 1.11.

When Cursive adds requires or imports to your namespaces from completions, they will now be inserted in sorted order. This nicely complements the recent Organise Imports feature.

You can also now pick up the port to connect to from a file when using socket REPLs. shadow-cljs, in particular, uses this.

This will be the last release with support for 2021.3, now that 2022.3 is out.

Here are the issues:

Added

  • Add support for IntelliJ 2022.3 EAP #2733
  • Add code author inlay hints #2698
  • Add option "Always generate stubs (for this project|for all projects)" #2556
  • Keep :require sorted #2002

Changed

  • Clean up temporary system deps files #2719
  • Add ability for socket REPL to pick up the port from a file #2695
  • Output to stderr when generating stubs is treated as an error #2654

Fixed

  • Error handling response - class java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument for @NotNull parameter 'name' of com/intellij/psi/search/FilenameIndex.getVirtualFilesByName must not be null #2712
  • Deftype method implementations show false errors in CLJC files when method arity over 1 #2346
  • Invalid arity detection for protocol implementation #1431

Cheers,
Colin