Reformatting on Save

Robert Schiemann

Jan 18, 2022, 7:42:27 PM1/18/22
to Cursive
Hello!

I'm trying to configure IDEA to reformat Clojure and ClojureScript files on save. When I manually run 'Reformat Code' from the 'Code' menu it performs as expected. However, when I configure code reformatting to run via IDEA's built in functionality or the Save Actions plugin it fails to reformat my Clojure and ClojureScript files.

 I've tried searching the internet for an answer, but have failed to find anything useful. I'm not sure if this issue is caused by Cursive, but I thought I would post here in case anyone has encountered the issue and has a solution.

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Schiemann

Jan 19, 2022, 9:37:30 PM1/19/22
to Cursive
I'm posting back with a solution.

This issues seems to be caused by the the on save functionality of IDEA and the Save Actions plugin. Both on save functions seem to only be triggered on automatic saves and not manual saves. I managed to work around this by recording a macro and then mapping it to the manual save shortcut.