"Please check your data cable and drivers. Error: Locked ports: 1 COM1, Found ports: 1"

Zeitgeistlab

May 16, 2011, 7:56:32 PM5/16/11
to Current Cost
Hi,
I'd like to set up an Envi device and got this error. The USB-serial
is installed on COM4 but it seems that the software looks for COM1.
Could you please tell me how can I set this up properly, so I can
connect to the device? The interface doesn't allow any COM settings.

Neko

May 18, 2011, 7:35:16 PM5/18/11
to Current Cost
There are some prior discussions about some software called virtual
serial port emulator (VSPE) that may help you trouble shoot this
issue.

Zeitgeistlab

May 19, 2011, 11:05:59 AM5/19/11
to Current Cost
Hi,
Thanks for the reply! I just put the transmitter closer to the display
(it was borderline to the wireless distance range) and the COM error
is gone.
It's strange because the COM issue should concern only the PC and the
monitor, not the sensor/transmitter. In any case, just to let you know
that this solved the issue.
Yellowpark also told me to:
"manually select your com port: Settings -> Manually Select Comm Port"
However, in the CurrentCost software version v1.0.24.1 there is no
such option. I'm not aware of any newer version.
Cheers,
Liviu