my.currentcost.com temperature display drops to 0C at 10C?

Paul

Oct 20, 2010, 8:39:20 AM10/20/10
to Current Cost
I have an ENVI connected via a Current Cost Bridge in my conservatory.
Last night the temperature dropped below 10C at which point the
temperature graph viewed on my.currentcost.com dropped to 0C only
recovering once the temperature went back above 10C this morning.
The ENVI display showed the temperature below 10C OK.
Is this a known issue?

Paul

Paul Cooper

Oct 24, 2010, 11:18:26 AM10/24/10
to Current Cost
Hi,

I haven't seen my question in the group yet.
How do I get approved to submit to the group?

Regards,

Paul

Patrick Allen

Oct 27, 2010, 12:54:37 PM10/27/10
to Current Cost
I can confirm this happen to my data too. Definitely not a gap as you
can clearly see a rendered line for the cliffs and troughs.

sandy antipas

Oct 27, 2010, 6:31:06 PM10/27/10
to Current Cost
Hi I am in NZ have had it down to 5C no problems.

Neko

Oct 28, 2010, 2:15:32 AM10/28/10
to Current Cost
I put the Envi in a ice chest with some frozen packages and at 4.5C
it's reading fine with a nice exp decay response. I'm using Firefox
3.6.11

yellowpark

Nov 29, 2010, 7:01:13 AM11/29/10
to Current Cost
I will take a look into this tomorrow. I have checked further into
this, and raw data at our data store of the account affected was
posted as 0 degrees. So I need to check whether this is the bridge or
the monitor that is causing this issue. In the mean time, if your
device experiences this issue, if you can check the raw XML from the
monitor to confirm if the monitor XML is outputting 0 when 10degrees
or under, that would be really helpful.
Thanks,
Chris

sheepdiper

Nov 29, 2010, 12:45:31 PM11/29/10
to Current Cost
I am seeing the same problem as well. If you would like any more
information then please get in touch. As I am in the North East of
Scotland and my Envi is located in the loft I am seeing quite a few of
these drop-outs and they always occur at 10oC. So far today I have
seen 3 dips.

amcc

Nov 30, 2010, 5:39:00 AM11/30/10
to Current Cost
This definitely happens when using the bridge and associated software.
Its an xml parsing error (leading space when temp < 10) mentioned on
Paul Mutton's page and attributed to Jonathan Leach. See
http://www.jibble.org/currentcost/

Paul

Nov 30, 2010, 8:48:36 AM11/30/10
to Current Cost
Thanks for the information amcc.

Chris,
I haven't managed to check my XML output yet but amcc's post would
seem to identify the most likely cause.
Are you able to confirm this and any chance of a quick fix?.

Thanks,
Paul

Tom Willey

Nov 30, 2010, 8:59:15 PM11/30/10
to Current Cost
Hi Guys,
I bought my Envi and Bridge two weeks ago for my flat in Scotland. I'm
living in California and I wanted to be able to monitor power usage
remotely via the internet.
The System at £66 is quite cheap and was very easy to install. Didn't
have any issues registering the bridge - I'm now using both the
current cost dashboard and Google PowerMeter remotely to look at
what's going on. That's the good news.

With the current cold weather in Scotland, I've been remotely watching
the temperature in my flat move downwards most of the week. This
evening, it finally touched the magic 10C and bang ... dropped down to
0C on the next reading.

Sounds as if this happens pretty consistently for a few users. I don't
suppose many homes actually go down as low as 10C, so not many people
will see this.

My other general observation is that during my 1st week of running
CurrentCost when I was physically in my flat, I couldn't see any
obvious correlation between any numbers reported from either Envi
display, CurrentCost Dashboard or Google PowerMeter versus my actual
electricity meter. On first blush - variation of > 30%. Now after two
weeks, I don't see any correlation between the dashboard and google.
Maybe as time goes on the readings settle down.

Now don't get me wrong, what I've now got allows me to at least get an
idea of what I'm using - big improvement on what I had before ...
which was nothing. However, when I read of the kind of teething
troubles that I'm now seeing in this forum, it makes me think that the
product has been released too early - 6 months before prime time? Not
good to have your customer do your design QA.

My one hope is that there's is enough smarts built in the overall
system so that the CurrentCost team can upgrade the firmware
remotely.

Anyway ... I'm sure that this will be a great product ... but not
quite yet.

Looking forward to seeing the bug fixes.

Tom

Tom Willey

Dec 20, 2010, 8:03:56 PM12/20/10
to Current Cost
Well it's been two months since the "sub 10C" topic was raised and
about three weeks since I posted on the topic. I would have thought
that it might have been nice for someone from CurrentCost to at least
acknowledge the bug and offer to fix it in the next release. Too much
to ask?

Incidentally, one of my other gripes was that dashboard "so far today"
number didn't seem to correlate with any other numbers. Well ... at
least that was taken care of! ;-)) For the last week or so, the "so
far today" number has been BLANK.

Seems this is like the man who goes to the doctor complaining that his
arm hurts every time he reaches above his head ... to which the doctor
responds ... "well stop reaching above your head."

I am expecting the same solution for the sub 10C ... stop measuring
temperature?

Hilarious!

Tom

webbj

May 9, 2011, 9:55:40 PM5/9/11
to curre...@googlegroups.com
Are there any updates to this?

I recently setup an enviR+bridge - it all seemed to be working well, and the cc dashboard is displaying my energy and temperature nicely.

Today however I am noticing the same thing, the last temperature reading is 10 degrees C and the 0 for a few hours, the temperature has now increase and the graph/results are correct again.

Its been nearly 6 months since this issue was reported now - are there any updates or beta firmware we can try to resolve this?

Joel

Dan

May 10, 2011, 6:40:34 PM5/10/11
to Current Cost

I am seeing this problem as well with my new bridge purchased
yesterday :(

yellowpark

May 31, 2011, 9:24:54 AM5/31/11
to Current Cost
Anyone affected by the temperature issue can email
hel...@currentcost.com and we will arrange for the bridge to be
returned and reflashed.