"Unable to talk to Google: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found"

Zeitgeistlab

May 16, 2011, 7:47:57 PM5/16/11
to Current Cost
I'm trying to set up an Envi CurrentCost and I got this answer:
"Unable to talk to Google: The remote server returned an error: (404)
Not Found"
On the other hand the test of the Internet Connection says: Both
Internet Connectivity PASSED.
Could you please help? Thanks!

Sandy Antipas

May 17, 2011, 6:27:52 AM5/17/11
to Zeitgeistlab, Current Cost
You may need to send to yellowpark your bridge number and get it reset.
I had the same issue which for some reason was a timing issue.

After a second attempt I returned after 5 minutes and was up and
running.

Zeitgeistlab

May 18, 2011, 10:19:30 AM5/18/11
to Current Cost
Thanks for the answer but I don't have a bridge.
I'm using direct USB connection to the Envi monitor.
It would be nice if yellowpark could give an advice.
Thanks, Liviu
> > Could you please help? Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Neko

May 18, 2011, 7:43:46 PM5/18/11
to Current Cost
Not exactly sure but you may need to reactive the google device from
the google power meter page under settings -> devices. I know I moved
to a different computer and had some problems getting the Envi with
v24 working again. I did not lose data other than that I lost while
not connected.

Zeitgeistlab

May 19, 2011, 11:12:07 AM5/19/11
to Current Cost
Hi,
Thanks for reply!
I solved this issue, following Yellowpark advice:
I would suggest that you delete the database file and start again. Go
to File -> Delete Database
I would then suggest that you follow the process to connect to google
PowerMeter again, by clicking the link “Click here to register with
Google PowerMeter”.
I think that my error was in trying to make the setup directly online
(Google Powermeter page). I think that one has to go online by
clicking on the link from the CurrentCost software. That will ensure
that the name of the device is properly entered in the Auth code
received online.

Cheers,
Liviu