FW: Another unconstitutional entrapment sting – this time in Lake County

Michael Dell

Jul 27, 2021, 7:38:07 PMJul 27
to CURE-SORT Google Group

-----Original Message-----
From: Florida Action Committee <donot...@wordpress.com>
To: jcs...@aol.com
Sent: Tue, Jul 27, 2021 3:57 pm
Subject: [New post] Member Submission: Another unconstitutional entrapment sting – this time in Lake County

Florida Action Committee posted: "What we want the people of Lake County to understand: Knowing that these people have been taken off the streets at night should help all of us sleep better at night.  Right?  No. In these stings, they usually occur at adult-only websites where law enfor"

New post on Florida Action Committee

Member Submission: Another unconstitutional entrapment sting – this time in Lake County

by Florida Action Committee

What we want the people of Lake County to understand:

Knowing that these people have been taken off the streets at night should help all of us sleep better at night.  Right?  No.

In these stings, they usually occur at adult-only websites where law enforcement individuals try to bait unsuspecting individuals to change from courting an adult to courting a minor.  Often these individuals have no desire to hook up with a minor, but law enforcement knows all the right things to say to "pull them in".  Sometimes it takes days, weeks, and even months to get people to change from seeking an adult to seeking a minor.   That is not to say that everyone arrested did not want to have sex with a minor, but many were only looking for an adult.  These stings are often what many consider unconstitutional entrapments.  I cannot help but notice that no information was given on the specific tactics used by law enforcement.  Why?

For people who feel that these stings are making the public safer, consider what research says:  Ninety-three percent of child victims know their perpetrator.  https://www.rainn.org/statistics/children-and-teens

Where are the law enforcement officials who are protecting this 93%?  We know of at least 45 officials in Florida who were not protecting them.

Comment

   See all comments

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from Florida Action Committee.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Avast logo