Passing of Torch to Chakra

Sherman Chan

Sep 9, 2021, 11:28:15 AM9/9/21
to Chakra Srivatsa, Ultimate Cupertino (cupertino-ultimate@googlegroups.com)
I’m passing my game-managing torch to Chakra. I’ve done my time over the years and Chakra is the best for the job that pays peanuts. I’ve done my best to be shirtless to be like our previous leader, Peter Wang.  A new era for the post-covid game.

As one of the first official business for the game, he will want some players to show up earlier to reset to an earlier game time. Game time has been slipping since the covid restart.

Sherman

Chris

Sep 9, 2021, 11:34:27 AM9/9/21
to neig...@gmail.com, Chakra Srivatsa, cupertino...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all the hard work over the years Sherman! I think of you folks often but not coming over the hill these days.

-Chris

Al Esquivel

Sep 9, 2021, 11:53:54 AM9/9/21
to cms...@gmail.com, Chakra Srivatsa, cupertino...@googlegroups.com, neig...@gmail.com
Sherman,

   Yes, thanks for keeping CULTT alive these years!

As a retired veteran , will get out there someday if just for the warm ups, it does a disc-heart good to see something that got started alone 25-30 years ago still going. Major thanks too to all the players that have followed your lead.

Chakra : welcome , if you ever want to know the history you know where to find me. And Congrats , I guess…

Rest of you play hard , play fair, “Ultimate does not develop character, it reveals it” !

Someday , when not on grandparent duty,
Go-Al ( or AL-ambada, former name bestowed by one of our players in disc heaven)

PS. “ The older I get , the better I was”

Chakra Srivatsa

Sep 9, 2021, 11:55:46 AM9/9/21
to neig...@gmail.com, Ultimate Cupertino (cupertino-ultimate@googlegroups.com)

I don’t know how I got tagged with this, considering I just started playing here a couple of months ago 😊, but thanks, Sherman.

Even in the past 2-3 months since I started, game start time has slipped past 1:00pm.  We have had some success at our previous Northpark game in resetting the start time every so often, but have failed spectacularly at other games, like Encinal.  It’s okay to start past 1pm for some people, but others have lunch-time constraints.  Anyway, I think it’s worth a shot to see if we can start on time.  We need to get enough players to commit and show up on time for a couple of weeks to make it stick.

It’s too rushed for today – so let’s wait until next Tuesday.  If we can get 8-10 players signed up for early start, it will be good.  I will send further email next Monday.

Thanks,

-Chakra.