Getting things started

Erica George

Jan 27, 2009, 7:51:20 PM1/27/09
to CupcakeCamp Boston Chapter
Hi all,

So hurray - we have a wiki page (http://bit.ly/CupcakeBOS) and we have
a discussion group!

I'd suggest everyone read the "How to" on CupcakeCamp.org to start
getting thinking. We've had a few brainstorms on the wiki but long-
term it'll probably be easiest to have brainstorming & discussion
here, and info sharing on the wiki...

The How-To: http://cupcakecamp.org/howto/

Also, let's try to make sure that everyone who expressed interest is
invited to this group.

Erica

Purd...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2009, 7:45:06 PM3/19/09
to CupcakeCamp Boston Chapter
I'm interested in participating/helping out...

alyssa

Mar 22, 2009, 6:32:46 PM3/22/09
to CupcakeCamp Boston Chapter
Count me in too!
I'm a Cambridge School of Culinary Arts grad- I'd be glad to ask the
school if they would host. It also might be a way to get more people
excited.

Any ideas for dates? Promoting to local media?

Alyssa

On Mar 19, 7:45 pm, "beantownba...@gmail.com" <Purdue...@gmail.com>

Purd...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2009, 6:51:49 PM3/22/09
to CupcakeCamp Boston Chapter
I would think sometime when the weather is nice would be good for a
date. Maybe something in June or July? That way we'd have plenty of
time to plan and to get a bunch of publicity for the event too.

ela...@bu.edu

Mar 22, 2009, 7:02:05 PM3/22/09
to Purd...@gmail.com, cupcak...@googlegroups.com
I agree, I think sometime in the summer would be best. The weather
will be great, and we have plenty of time to research and contact
possible venues and recruit more members. I also think that tieing in
a college campus could be a great way to raise publicity and increase
attendance. I go to BU... we could look into doing something there if
you like?

Erin

Jen Perez

Mar 23, 2009, 9:53:10 AM3/23/09
to ela...@bu.edu, cupcak...@googlegroups.com
I saw the update to the wiki page about the location. I don't think we
need a location with a kitchen, right?

Jen

anitamp

Mar 23, 2009, 1:01:31 PM3/23/09
to CupcakeCamp Boston Chapter
i don't think we need a venue with a kitchen, just something that is
big enough to hold the amount of people that will be attending... here
is the link on the cupcake camp how-to: http://cupcakecamp.org/howto/

the summer sounds like a good time to do it, and to be slightly
selfish i would like to suggest August :)

@alyssa, that would be great if you could ask the Cambridge School of
Culinary Arts if they would be interested in hosting or supporting the
event in any way. i will be contacting a few bakeries i know to gather
a sense of interest from them.

-anita

On Mar 23, 9:53 am, Jen Perez <purdue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw the update to the wiki page about the location. I don't think we
> need a location with a kitchen, right?
>
> Jen
>
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 7:02 PM,  <elag...@bu.edu> wrote:
> > I agree, I think sometime in the summer would be best.  The weather will be
> > great, and we have plenty of time to research and contact possible venues
> > and recruit more members.  I also think that tieing in a college campus
> > could be a great way to raise publicity and increase attendance.  I go to
> > BU... we could look into doing something there if you like?
>
> > Erin

Elizabeth

Apr 12, 2009, 1:43:45 AM4/12/09
to CupcakeCamp Boston Chapter
Hi!!
I just joined the group. I attended CupcakeCamp NYC yesterday and it
was fabulous. I'd love to be involved in planning CupcakeCamp Boston.

Elizabeth

yehwan

Apr 13, 2009, 12:56:56 AM4/13/09
to CupcakeCamp Boston Chapter
I could see about having Le Cordon Bleu host this in their restaurant,
Technique, on a weekend. I serve as the president of the student
government and would love to see the school get behind this.

Erwin Chuk

web: yehwan.com
twitter: yehwan

Anali's First Amendment

Apr 13, 2009, 1:25:49 AM4/13/09
to cupcak...@googlegroups.com

That sounds good to me Erwin! Thanks for looking into it.

Lisa

Lisa C. Johnson aka "Anali"
Owner/Writer of Anali's First Amendment
 Freelance Writer + Researcher

 “Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love.” - Rumi

> Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 21:56:56 -0700
> Subject: [CupcakeBoston] Re: Getting things started
> From: er...@yehwan.com
> To: cupcak...@googlegroups.com

Erwin Chuk

Apr 13, 2009, 7:20:28 PM4/13/09
to CupcakeCamp Boston Chapter
I brought up Cupcake Camp at the Le Cordon Bleu Boston student board
meeting and have a go-ahead from the Director of Education to hold
this event at Technique. There aren't too many events planned yet for
the weekends so the sooner we nail down a date the better.

Erwin

On Apr 13, 1:25 am, Anali's First Amendment
> Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8.http://ie8.msn.com/microsoft/internet-explorer-8/en-us/ie8.aspx?ocid=...

Anali's First Amendment

Apr 13, 2009, 7:30:44 PM4/13/09
to cupcak...@googlegroups.com
Other people said the summer and I agree, but the more time we have to plan the better.  July? August? September?

Lisa C. Johnson aka "Anali"
Owner/Writer of Anali's First Amendment
 Freelance Writer + Researcher

 “Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love.” - Rumi

> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 16:20:28 -0700

Donna D.

Apr 16, 2009, 5:27:01 PM4/16/09
to CupcakeCamp Boston Chapter
Hi Everyone!

I am Donna. I live in NYC, but am moving to Boston. I want to help
plan. How can I get involved?

On Apr 13, 7:30 pm, Anali's First Amendment
> Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_allup_1a_explore_042009

Jen Perez

Apr 16, 2009, 6:01:11 PM4/16/09
to cupcak...@googlegroups.com
That's awesome. I don't know anything about Technique. Do you think it
will be big enough? From what I understand, we'll basically be having
a bunch of people bringing cupcakes and a bunch of people eating
cupcakes...

I'd vote later for the date. Mostly because a lot of people do
traveling and such during the summer months.

Jen (aka Beantown Baker http://beantownbaker.blogspot.com)

anitamp

Apr 17, 2009, 9:54:32 AM4/17/09
to CupcakeCamp Boston Chapter
Great, so then maybe in parallel of deciding on a date we can list out
all of things we'll need to do to prepare? That might help us decide
how much time we'll need. According to the CupcakeCamp how-to:
http://cupcakecamp.org/howto/, we'll need to:

Plan for supplies
Make a logo
Set up cupcake registration method and a place for attendees to RSVP
Promote / Communicate how CupcakeCamp works

I am a web developer so I can take care of the logo (based on their
template, I already have it done) and create a website to gather
registrations and whatnot.

-anita

Guido Stein

Apr 17, 2009, 11:29:09 AM4/17/09
to cupcak...@googlegroups.com
I am also happy to help in the organization of this fun... is there a meeting coming up??

-guido

Anali's First Amendment

Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:29:09 -0400

Subject: [CupcakeBoston] Re: Getting things started