5th International Culturemondo Roundtable, New Zealand

Ruth Harper

Nov 12, 2009, 11:35:55 AM11/12/09
to Culturemondo Network
Dear Culturemondo Network

It doesn’t seem like 11 months since the last Culturemondo Roundtable
in Taiwan, but incredibly, here we are – about to embark on another!

Thanks to the continued support of TELDAP, Culturemondo, NZLive.com
and Te Ara: the encyclopedia of New Zealand are pleased to announce
that the 5th International Culturemondo Roundtable will take place at
Victoria University’s Rutherford House on Wednesday 25th November
2009.

The roundtable will focus on two major items of discussion:
· Presentation of the latest Culturemondo report and International
Survey 2009 - what are the trends, issues and future directions for
cultural sector online publishers? Speaker: Jane Finnis, Culture24
· How do we measure the economic and social value of cultural
websites? - informal workshop and discussion on web metrics and
evaluation .
Speaker: Seb Chan, Powerhouse Museum
Attendance at the roundtable will be from a mixture of those running
cultural websites and services within New Zealand, plus several
international guests from Taiwan, Australia and Luxembourg.

Full notes from the day and presentations will be posted on the
Culturemondo site (www.culturemondo.org).

The roundtable takes place the day after New Zealand's National
Digital Forum - a coalition of museums, archives, art galleries,
libraries and government departments working together to enhance
electronic access to New Zealand’s culture and heritage, where
Cultuermondo's chair, Jane Finnis, will be giving a presentation.
Click here for more information about NDF.

About the Culturemondo list:
Don’t forget, this is your list. We’d love to hear what you’d think -
about the work you’re doing, the issues you’re facing and your
thoughts about the Culturemondo network and the roundtables, past and
present. We aim to create a vibrant, engaged community of cultural
professionals – and we can’t do that without you!

All the best

Ruth Harper
Culturemondo Community Manager