culture360.org redevelopment

Jeffrey Withaya Campbell

Nov 22, 2009, 8:35:39 AM11/22/09
to Culturemondo Network
Dear All,

Hope this message finds you well.

My name is Jeff Campbell. I am the technical coordinator for
culture360.org.

culture360.org is an Asia-Europe Foundation project (asef.org).

I am contacting the Culture Mondo network in relation to the
redevelopment of culture360.org.

We have engaged new developers to create a socially networked magazine
style site on WordPress Multi User (WPMU) with the social network
elements provided by BuddyPress (BP).
http://mu.wordpress.org/
http://buddypress.org/
(See examples below)

The project team would very much appreciate any experienced input as
we move through the process.

Our developers will be providing 3-4 examples of the home page etc in
the functional specification, and it would be great to have other
opinions, particularity from a usability point of view.

If you are interested please contact me.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Jeffrey Withaya Campbell
culture360.org
Technical & Communications Coordinator
Skype: jwc.culture360

WPMU/BP examples:
1. Our World 2.0 is brought to you by the United Nations University:
http://ourworld.unu.edu/en/
2. Brazilian Culture Ministry: “an open public space destined to
democratically create and build a public policy of digital culture,
integrating citizens, government institutions, state companies, civil
society and the market.”: http://www.culturadigital.br/
3. WNET.org (PBS Channel 13 in New York): http://www.wnet.org/
4. Wall Street Journal Magazine: http://magazine.wsj.com/

Stjepko Varga

Nov 23, 2009, 5:53:02 AM11/23/09
to cultur...@googlegroups.com
Great platorm choice!
WordPress Multi User (WPMU) with the social network
elements provided by BuddyPress (BP).

----
Stjepko Varga
stj...@gmail.com

illanopulus

Nov 23, 2009, 7:39:30 PM11/23/09
to Culturemondo Network
Genial:

MU + BP + DISO = HIPERCONEXION

http://code.google.com/p/diso/

Regards
a...@b2.cl

On 23 nov, 07:53, Stjepko Varga <stje...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great platorm choice!
> WordPress Multi User (WPMU) with the social network
> elements provided by BuddyPress (BP).
>
> ----
> Stjepko Varga
> stje...@gmail.com

illanopulus

Nov 25, 2009, 7:24:06 PM11/25/09
to Culturemondo Network
Dear Jeff, attached 17 beautiful designs made with WP MU + BP.

1. hMag
– Hoboken NJ’s Premiere Lifestyles Mag

http://www.h-mag.com/

2. We Earth
- a community that features user-generated content which aims to
foster social consciousness through art, activism and media.

http://weearth.com/

3. Startup Weekend
- a startup event that provides networking, resources, and incentives
for individuals and teams to go from idea to launch.

http://startupweekend.org/

4. The Shift Mob
- a free resource connecting Washington, D.C. area organizations in
need of quick, creative solutions and individuals looking for a venue
in which to display their talents.

http://theshiftmob.com/

5. Delicious Snaps
- a social network for people wanting to pursue a career in modeling.

http://delicioussnaps.com/

6. O Teatro Magico
- a Brazilian band website

http://oteatromagico.mus.br/wordpress/

7. Cultura Digital
- Brazilian forum for digital culture

http://culturadigital.br/

8. We Heart This
- “Cause Chicks Love Stuff”

http://weheartthis.com/

9. Indie Threads
- a community of t-shirt fanatics

http://indie-threads.com/

10. Nourish Network
- nourishing body and soul with every bite

http://nourishnetwork.com/

11. Les Dauphines
- a synchronized swimming community

http://lesdauphines.com/

12. Evening Pints
- allows individuals to create events and for people to see who will
be attending, attendees can then post pictures from each event.

http://eveningpints.com/

13. Freelancer Ungplugged
- a community connecting and promoting freelancers

http://freelancerunplugged.com/

14. Vivanista
- a virtual sisterhood where women can share best practices in fund-
raising and all that encompasses their philanthropic lifestyle.

http://vivanista.com/

15. Giga Om
- a revolutionary approach to market research, created to give expert
insights and analysis- minus the high price tag

http://pro.gigaom.com/

16. Tasty Kitchen
- a happy cooking community

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/

17. You Look Fab
- daily thoughts on increasing your style quotient

http://youlookfab.com/

In Culturizarte've chosen to use Buddymatic 0.9.6.2 by Ron Rennick.

The definitive WordPress theme for 2010. Buddymatic is a highly
extensible Framework Theme for WordPress & WordPress MU BuddyPress
enabled blogs including home and member blogs. This framework features
13 widget-ready areas, drop-down menus, grid-based layout samples,
plugin integration, shortcode for your footer, & a whole lot more.
BuddyPress functionality is integrated into the framework and
activated when BuddyPress is detected. Perfect for any blog or
WordPress MU site, is based on Thematic Buddymatic by Ian Stewart and
works with Thematic child themes. Includes 2 BuddyPress Buddymatic
child ready themes: Coffee with Friends by Daisy Olsen and a Child
Theme Sample Buddymatic ready for customization.

Beta: http://dev.b2.cl/culturizarte

Best regards

illanopulus

Dec 7, 2009, 12:41:40 PM12/7/09
to Culturemondo Network
Some plugins that are giving me errors using wp 2.86 + bp mu 1.1 .3:

Flickr BPDEV
BPDEV YouTube
Source: http://bp-dev.org/

Other compatibility issues: