Hip-Hop Theatre, Culturebot Cocktails and Revenge!

Editor

Apr 17, 2007, 4:50:49 PM4/17/07
to Culturebot Mailing List
Hi Culturebots!

Welcome to the new mailing list! Glad you could make it. If you
haven't checked out the new site, go on over and take a look. We
migrated to WordPress, the site is clean-looking and the comments
work! Hopefully soon we will find a web/graphic designer to customize
things a bit.

In the meantime, enjoy the new site and come enjoy some theater at P.S.
122! This week the Best of the Boroughs (BoB) continues with amazing
performances. Some of you may have seen actress Okwui Okpokwasili in
Richard Foreman's work or other amazing downtown shows. Well now she's
premiering a work-in-progress of her new show, "Pent-Up: A Revenge
Dance" as part of BoB. We highly recommend this poetic and haunting
new work.

This Thursday PS122 will be premiering two more shows - Nia Love/
Blacksmith Daughter Dance's "Let the Eagle Scream!" and Full Circle
Productions' "Hip Hop to Da Head". These two exciting shows run
through the weekend and will be sure to entertain and move you.

For schedule and detailed info on BoB visit:
http://www.ps122.org/performances/best_of_boroughs.html

If you'd like to come see ANY of these performances you can get $10
tickets using the code "BOTS". I'm telling you that's a A LOT OF
THEATER for the money. Feel free to spread the word...

Also, a quick reminder that on Monday, April 30th we'll be hosting
"Culturebot Cocktails, Part II: The Revengening" at Dusk Lounge (147
W. 24th St.) from 6-8PM. Come and meet your Culturebot Editorial staff
and other artsfolk and bloggers. Think "networking" and bring cards
for your shows, promo pieces for your theater company, whatever. We
want to meet you!!!

Thanks and see y'all real soon!

-Andy