CultNEWS101 Articles: 7/9/2024

Patrick Ryan

Jul 9, 2024, 3:01:49 AMJul 9
to cultn...@googlegroups.com
Shunning, Julian Assange, Twin Flames, New Kadampa Tradition

Stop Mandated Shunning was honored to be participating at the 2024 ICSA Annual International Conference
Stop Mandated Shunning is a non-profit organization with a clear and compelling mission: to bring an end to the practice of mandated shunning worldwide. This insidious policy, employed by high-control religious groups including the Exclusive Brethren, Jehovah’s Witnesses, The Church of Scientology, Ultra-Orthodox Jews, Amish, and the Bahá’í Faith, inflicts severe psychological and emotional harm on individuals and families. Our goal is to highlight the scope and impact of mandated shunning. Our focus is to garner support and drive legislative change to criminalize this practice globally.

Our Research Project
In our quest to document and combat the injuries of mandated shunning, we have partnered with the University of Roehampton London to conduct an extensive quantitative and qualitative research project. This three-year endeavor, to be funded at $100,000 per year, has the goal of providing a robust, data-driven understanding of the prevalence and consequences of mandated shunning. By meticulously gathering and analyzing data, we will equip our legal teams with the evidence needed to advocate for the criminalization of mandated shunning in countries worldwide.

NY Post: Inside Julian Assange’s wild, weird childhood tied to ‘blonde hair’ cult The Family
"When FBI Special Agent Hilda Kogut pulled up at an isolated farmhouse deep in the Catskills in June 1993, she was there to arrest the delusional but charismatic leader of a sinister doomsday cult called “The Family” based in Australia.

She had no way of knowing that same cult was the reason why Julian Assange’s family had to go on the run for years.

But Kogut told The Post that what really struck her when arresting Anne Hamilton-Byrne — a once-glamorous yoga teacher who had convinced her New Age disciples that she was the reincarnation of Jesus Christ — and her husband, William Hamilton, in Hurleyville, NY, were her many plastic surgeries.

“This was a vain woman,”said Kogut, who was working under the guidance of Australian detectives in a joint operation. “She’d clearly had so many facelifts that her hairline was pushed way back on her head.”

But Hamilton-Byrne’s vanity was nothing compared to the years of abuse she perpetrated on more than two dozen helpless and vulnerable babies and young children she illegally adopted between 1968 and 1975 in the Melbourne, Australia, area.

Police and the survivors of the cult said she told the kids she was both their mother as well as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ — and that, when the world ended, they would be responsible for re-educating the survivors.

Byrne-Hamilton counted more than 500 well-educated doctors, nurses, lawyers, psychiatrists and other professionals as members of The Family, who went along with her deluded and cruel teachings, experts on the cult told The Post.

When Assange, the notorious founder of WikiLeaks whose 12-year incarceration ended last week when he pleaded guilty to one count of violating the Espionage Act, was about 10, his mother, Christine Assange, became romantically involved with a Family cult member and amateur musician named Leif Meynell Hamilton."

One woman's experience; how the group tends to isolate its members from the outside world and pressure them to give more to the organization "to help all living beings without exception"

News, Education, Intervention, Recovery

CultEducationEvents.com

CultMediation.com

Intervention101.com to help families and friends understand and effectively respond to the complexity of a loved one's cult involvement.

CultRecovery101.com assists group members and their families make the sometimes difficult transition from coercion to renewed individual choice.

CultNEWS101.com news, links, resources.

Facebook

Flipboard

Twitter

Instagram

Cults101.org resources about cults, cultic groups, abusive relationships, movements, religions, political organizations and related topics.

Selection of articles for CultNEWS101 does not mean that Patrick Ryan or Joseph Kelly agree with the content. We provide information from many points of view in order to promote dialogue.

Please forward articles that you think we should add to cultinte...@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Ashlen Hilliard (ashlen.hilli...@gmail.com)

Joe Kelly (joeke...@gmail.com)

Patrick Ryan (pryan...@gmail.com)

If you do not wish to be subscribed to this list, or you think you are being maliciously subscribed to the list, or have any other questions, send them to: pryan...@gmail.com or send an email to: cultnews101...@googlegroups.com.