Building a sidekick out of a Foci

Manuel Razo

Jul 24, 2019, 11:44:44 PM7/24/19
to Cult of ORE
I am building a character that has a device that summons a magical genie that works on his behalf.  the base character is a Sidekick, with several attached magical abilities.  Do all the abilities that I attach get the discount for the foci, or do they get the discount for being attached to the Sidekick itself?

kkmmCameron Clarkson

Sep 4, 2019, 12:28:50 PM9/4/19
to Cult of ORE
You would get the foci discount on just the device, but the Sidekick power itself could be Attached tot he magical device, and then the powers the Sidekick has would be Attached to the Sidekick.

Example:

Magical Device (1/d)
Useful (Range). Focus (Accessible, Immutable) -3, Duration +2.

Sidekick (3/d)
Defends (Self). If/Then (Only usable by Sidekick) -1.
Useful (Range). Duration +2, Attached (Magical Device) -2.

Able to Affect the World (1/d)
Attacks (Mass). If/Then (Only usable by Sidekick) -1.

Has wound boxes (2/d)
Useful (Self). Engulf +2, Endless +3, Self Only -3, Attached to Sidekick -2.

Manuel Razo

Sep 5, 2019, 12:43:25 PM9/5/19
to cult-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks