Cycle to Work day and pothole/cycle route fixing

Rich Kemp

May 29, 2013, 11:13:34 AM5/29/13
to culham-...@googlegroups.com
We've put in a request to the Council that some work be done to get the cycling routes in condition before the Bike to Work day on 19th June -- but everyone can help by reporting problems directly to the council:

The relevant statement is:

"It is likely to be more productive if the request comes from you and/or CulBug. The reason is that maintenance issues are prioritised at a local level by County Councillors in conjunction with local Stewards, as part of the Government’s aim of making local authorities more responsive to users. I’d therefore suggest asking the County Councillor if this could be prioritised and also reporting any known potholes using the following link:

http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/potholes

Another option that has a track record of success is the Fix My Street website as follows:

http://www.fixmystreet.com/ "

Please let the Council know of any problems you encounter on your regular cycling routes -- at any time of year!