Feedback on Sustrans routes / Science Vale Bike Map

Rich Kemp

Jan 26, 2016, 10:07:10 AM1/26/16
to Culham Cyclists (CulBUG)

Dear all,

Sustrans have been engaged by the County Council to update the Science Vale Cycle Map, and have set up an interactive map to gather comments:

https://communitymaps.sustrans.org.uk/ScienceVale.php

Full instructions are given in the user guide, via the icon on the right hand side of the interactive map, including details of how to register and add comments or suggested changes to the map.

We would welcome:

·         Corrections to the map, based on your local knowledge

·         Recommendations for additions or deletions to routes currently shown on the map

·         Suggestions for additional features not currently shown on the map

These should be entered directly on the map as set out in the user guide – no later than 31st January, 2016

The routes shown in green on the map have been transcribed from the present Science Vale map; those shown in blue are from Sustrans’ mapping, which has been compiled from local input over the years, and is in need of updating. Please feel free to amend any of this route information – we will then check out suggestions, reconcile all the data, and feed consolidated amendments back to the County Council. We hope that the end result will be an improved and more useful map.

If you have comments regarding cycle routes which would help to improve the maps, please enter them. I asked if for example distinctions could be made between routes which were suitable for all bikes and those which required mountain bikes: if sections are generally not of good quality please let them know.

Regards,

Rich