GWR's new cycle policy

Rich Kemp

May 16, 2016, 4:03:42 AM5/16/16
to Culham Cyclists (CulBUG)

Note that this should not affect the trains to/from Culham, only the high speed (longer distance) services.

As they say towards the end of their e-mail below:

There is no change to our local services

‘…our new cycle policy for our long distance High Speed Trains, which takes effect from the start of the summer timetable on 16 May. To give cyclists a guaranteed space, we are introducing compulsory bicycle reservations on these trains…’

https://www.gwr.com/your-journey/journey-information/on-board/cycles

However we don’t know if they’re going to start getting stricter about the number of bikes on the local trains to/from Oxford, Radley, Didcot etc. Please be aware if you travel to site by train with your bike and forward to anyone else you think might be interested.