Monitoring one device with a second.

Zaleo

Dec 8, 2014, 6:04:52 PM12/8/14
to cul-...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

I'm having some trouble with the stability of the connection in my home, just can't rely on the culfw device to send the message.

So have set up my old CUN and later CUL devices next to my RPi-CCD..

Logged in with telnet on the CUN or CUL and initiated with X21 (and also tried X255), I do see the F (FS20) messages reported when I use my old FS20 EVL remote.

However when my RPi-CCD device sends out a working (or none working) message I do not see it reported on either the CUN or CUL device.

Just would like to make sure whether the message is transmitted or not, in case of instability, wonder if the problem is in the FHEM software of culfw hardware?

Kind regards,

Zaleo

Rudolf Koenig

Dec 9, 2014, 2:18:33 PM12/9/14
to cul-...@googlegroups.com
> However when my RPi-CCD device sends out a working (or none
> working) message I do not see it reported on either the CUN or CUL device.

Are you sure the x parameter is set correctly?
From http://culfw.de/commandref.html, x Command:
The CUL itself cannot receive data sent with PA ramping, FS devices have no
problem receiving such data.
i.e. you should only use the values 05-09 for the x command if you plan to
receive the data it with another culfw device.

I don't know the CCD, and it is 5 years since I last used the CUN, so my answer
may be totally wrong.

Zaleo

Dec 9, 2014, 6:31:16 PM12/9/14
to cul-...@googlegroups.com
Op dinsdag 9 december 2014 20:18:33 UTC+1 schreef Rudolf Koenig:
you should only use the values 05-09 for the x command if you plan to
receive the data with another culfw device.

After updating my old devices to 1.61 it does work.

Seems like FHEM is processing every request but no signal is broadcasted when I have the stability issues.

Might be the 1% limit for this band.