Cucumber possible implementations in the info cukes version

Cool Guy

Apr 6, 2020, 4:11:21 AM4/6/20
to Cukes
Hi All,

I have the below queries on implementations.

I am using cucumber with selenium project with Maven dependencies, I am using Extended cucumber class for report genertation and retry logic stuff.

Problem I am facing here is I am unable to use newer version of cucumber which supports the @BeforeStep and AfterStep since I am getting no backend support error on using the latest version of cucumber along the the cucumber extended class i.e I am using @RunWith(ExtendedCucumber.class) along with the cucumber-java latest version dependencies. I thought that the current version of cucumber is not compatibl ewith the ExtendedCucumber class So I am using info.cuckes version of cucumber 1.2.5 (Maven Dependency)

Queries:
1. Its possible to implement @BeforeStep and @AfterStep annotations in the earlier version like 1.2.5?
2. Its possible to get the each step name and the step execution status in the cucumber in 1.2.5 version since I am unable to implement latest version in my project ?

Thanks in advance.