cojo, how to start using it

Александр Соколов (Alex)

Mar 27, 2015, 1:57:20 AM3/27/15
to cuj...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

It's not quite clear how to use samples.
For most of them, if I understood right, nodejs is needed.

I with to learn cujojs, ideally, without any other frameworks.

Here is example of using promisses from the tutorial:

function sayHello() { var d = when.defer(); // 'setTimeout' in this example could be any operation // like an XMLHttpRequest or an expected user input setTimeout(function () { d.resolve('hello'); }, 5000); return d.promise; } sayHello().then(function (greeting) { // five seconds later console.log(greeting); // 'hello' });

It's not quite clear how to include the "when". Usually I write something like:
<script src="somescript_where_when_is_defined.js"></script>

But it's not clear how to do it from the tutorial. For example, I supposed, that I need to reuse the "when.js" from the when.js.3.6.4.zip.
I downloaded it. Extracted. But there are a lot of files inside. By comparison, if I use jquery, I just download archive, extract it, in the archive there is only one js file which can be included to a HTML page.
What to do here with cujo?

Probably there is something that I must read before using cojo. Could you please explain.