Becoming a contributor for wire

Tony Hallett

Mar 1, 2015, 3:19:16 PM3/1/15
to cuj...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have just developed two plugins, one for SignalR and the other for Knockout ( including custom loader for custom ko component view models, enabling wire facets to be run on dynamically loaded view models and i18n replacement on the view ).  I would like these plugins to be available for wire users and would also like to be able to claim credit for them as I am currently seeking employment.  I can provide tests in buster and accompanying documentation that would assist plugin authors with the concepts required.

Please advise on this matter.

Many thanks

Tony Hallett

Brian Cavalier

Mar 1, 2015, 7:39:09 PM3/1/15
to cuj...@googlegroups.com
Very cool, Tony.

One option would be to keep them as your own personal github repos, along with their own tests and docs.  Then you could publish them to both NPM and Bower under your own NPM/Bower username.  That would make it very clear that they are your creations.  Adding some good keywords like "cujojs", "wire", "wire plugin", "knockout", "signalr", etc. in package.json and bower.json would help with discoverability, and allow people to easily install them into their projects.

What do you think of that direction?