CUGOS meeting on Wednesday

karsten

Sep 18, 2023, 2:08:40 PM9/18/23
to cu...@googlegroups.com

Hey All,

after a summer break our monthly CUGOS meetings are resuming and we are on
for Wednesday: https://cugos.org/meetings/2023-09-20/ !

Our agenda so far looks as follows:
Keenan Ganz will talk about thermal modeling with LiDAR data from NSF NEON.
Keenan is a PhD student in the Remote Sensing and Geospatial Analysis
Laboratory at UW. He studies canopy temperature in conifer forests at
multiple scales: in situ thermometers, drone thermography, and satellite
imagery. Keenan is interested in developing software to refine canopy
temperature measurements, and in using these data to monitor forest health.

Karsten Vennemann will share some notes on efficiently obtaining and
consolidating US Census bloc and bloc group data (including disaggregated US
election results from 2016,2018 and 2020).

Please think of any topics related to open source and geospatial that you
are interested in and discuss and share with us !

We hope to see many of you on Wednesday!

Cheers
Karsten