Problem using Cufon fonts look not clear

983 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

zeppelin55

não lida,
22 de abr. de 2012, 11:53:5722/04/2012
para cufón
Hi guys,

im using Cufon for a project for following fonts: Sansumi and
LucidaGrande but on the website the fonts look absolutely not clear
and very blurry.

The URL is http://project.worldopen-corp.com/vipdress/de/online-shop

I did use cufon 1.09i and did use the generator from cufon website.

Can somebody please help me out and tell me what could be wrong? The
fonts look absolutely not nice like this and im trying to fix it since
weeks.

many thanks, christian

zeppelin55

não lida,
28 de abr. de 2012, 17:56:3128/04/2012
para cufón
Can somebody help me with this problem? I tried everything but the
fonts are still looking blurry / not clear. I played around with the
settings in the cufon generator i tried to enable "No thanks, use the
font's own value" and disabled "Allow path optimization" but that did
not help. I even tried a lot of other settings.

Why do the fonts look so blurry on my website? Do you have any
suggestions?

I hope somebody can help me out this is driving me crazy since weeks.

thank you

On 22 Apr., 17:53, zeppelin55 <modaboutiqu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> im using Cufon for a project for following fonts: Sansumi and
> LucidaGrande but on the website the fonts look absolutely not clear
> and very blurry.
>
> The URL ishttp://project.worldopen-corp.com/vipdress/de/online-shop

Simo Kinnunen

não lida,
30 de abr. de 2012, 12:34:1430/04/2012
para cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The current stable version of Cufón has some trouble baselining fonts, which means that depending on how good or bad your luck is, certain font sizes of certain fonts might look blurry no matter what. You basically have two options:

1. Change the font-size, and hope for the best (1px larger might look a lot clearer, and might not ruin the design)
2. Open the .font.js in a text editor, and find the "bbox" and "ascent" values. By changing the values a little you're basically moving the baseline a bit, which should result in slightly clearer text (however it doesn't always work, while the baseline might get clearer the top part of the glyphs might get blurries - if this is the case, you are out of luck unless combining this technique with another font size works better). Just play with the values to figure out what affects what.

As a bonus option (which I don't really recommend), you could render the font at, say, twice the normal size and then use the CSS zoom property to zoom out to 50% (i.e. make it appear normal). This might also make the text look crisper, however keep in mind that it might not work in older browsers.

Simo
> --

Morgan

não lida,
30 de abr. de 2012, 12:45:5130/04/2012
para cufón
it doesn't look like you ever tweaked the settings like I told you to
in our e-mail. The units-per-em should be 2048 as in that file I sent
you. Currently your fonts are at 360 which is the default. It may not
be recommended (question to Simo?) but it looked really sharp when I
did it on my end.

On Apr 22, 9:53 am, zeppelin55 <modaboutiqu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> im using Cufon for a project for following fonts: Sansumi and
> LucidaGrande but on the website the fonts look absolutely not clear
> and very blurry.
>
> The URL ishttp://project.worldopen-corp.com/vipdress/de/online-shop

zeppelin55

não lida,
14 de mai. de 2012, 15:50:5914/05/2012
para cufón
Hi Simo,

Hi Morgan,

im really getting crazy with this. I still can't get the fonts to look
clear. I tried your suggestions but did not getting it to look good.
This website is really very important for me and i need to get the
fonts finished. I would like to hire somebody for this. Could you
please contact me by email? I would really appreciate it.

Please help me out.

thanks, christian
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor