Cufon and Google Translate problem

fl4izdn4g

Dec 24, 2009, 5:29:46 PM12/24/09
to cufón
I'm using on my page translating feature from Google. When I translate
page all text, except "cufonized", is showing fine. Google Translate
translates text in <cufontext> tag but canvas with orginal text is not
translated. I don't know why but Cufon.refresh() function doesn't
work. Is it possible to disable cufon when some event is fired?

Simo Kinnunen

Dec 25, 2009, 10:33:39 AM12/25/09
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Do you have an example? http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#en|de|http%3A%2F%2Fcufon.shoqolate.com
works just fine for me (except that some characters are missing from
the font of course).

Simo

> --

> .

fl4izdn4g

Dec 25, 2009, 6:08:01 PM12/25/09
to cufón
An example is here: http://lgorecki.epl.net.pl/epk/ (this is a test
page). I'm translating page using Google Translate API with this
JavaScript code:

function googleTranslateElementInit() {
new google.translate.TranslateElement({
pageLanguage: 'pl'
}, 'google_translate_element');
}

This function creates selectbox with languages to choose (check
footer). When you select a language the page is automatically
translated (it's some sort of AJAX request). All text, except
"cufonized", is translated. I try to disable cufon when other than
native language is selected. Is it possible? Maybe there is some other
solution for this kind of situation.

On 25 Gru, 16:33, Simo Kinnunen <sor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Do you have an example?http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#en|de|http%3A%2F%2Fcufon.shoqolate.com

Goose

Jan 10, 2010, 7:34:36 AM1/10/10
to cufón
Hi,

Did you find an answer to this as I am having the same problem

Cheers

Jamie

On Dec 25 2009, 11:08 pm, fl4izdn4g <fl4izd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> An example is here:http://lgorecki.epl.net.pl/epk/(this is a test

Simo Kinnunen

Jan 13, 2010, 4:48:28 PM1/13/10
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm afraid there's no good solution for this problem at the moment. Sorry.

Simo

abhijeet patange

Aug 31, 2012, 10:46:03 AM8/31/12
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
I am facing the same problem.
I am also using cufon js and now i am trying to implement google translator.
only cufonized is not translating.
if any one have the solution please reply

Thanks in advance

Abhijeet