Cufon font disappearing on iPad/iPhone when link to new page selected

incacola

Apr 23, 2012, 2:54:44 PM4/23/12
to cufón
Hi

We have a problem that we can't get to the bottom of - and it's only
showing only on iPad and iPhone.

Our website uses some Cufon. When on a page that has cufon on it and I
click on a link to another site page - parts (only parts) of the cufon
based words/sentences are disappearing on the original page - before
the new page loads.

Has anyone got an idea why this might be happening please? Any help
much appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

Simo Kinnunen

Apr 24, 2012, 3:33:04 AM4/24/12
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

That's usually a sign of something rewriting your HTML using strings instead of DOM methods. For example, if you do document.body.innerHTML += 'foo' the whole document (well, the whole body) will get trashed and rebuilt. Canvas graphics are not stored in markup, so the canvases lose their graphics (because, technically, they're brand new canvases). Please check if you can find something like this from your code, and send me a link if you can't.

Simo

iPhoneから送信

incacola

May 19, 2012, 6:47:44 PM5/19/12
to cufón
Hi Simo I sent u a pm with a link to my site, let me know if you
didn't get it and I can resend. Many thanks. Matt

On Apr 24, 8:33 am, Simo Kinnunen <sor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> That's usually a sign of something rewriting your HTML using strings instead of DOM methods. For example, if you do document.body.innerHTML += 'foo' the whole document (well, the whole body) will get trashed and rebuilt. Canvas graphics are not stored in markup, so the canvases lose their graphics (because, technically, they're brand new canvases). Please check if you can find something like this from your code, and send me a link if you can't.
>
> Simo
>
> iPhoneÆñÇp°e«H
>
> On 2012/04/24, at 3:54, incacola <m...@rhubarbrecruitment.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi
>
> > We have a problem that we can't get to the bottom of - and it's only
> > showing only on iPad and iPhone.
>
> > Our website uses some Cufon. When on a page that has cufon on it and I
> > click on a link to another site page - parts (only parts) of the cufon
> > based words/sentences are disappearing on the original page - before
> > the new page loads.
>
> > Has anyone got an idea why this might be happening please? Any help
> > much appreciated.
>
> > Thanks, Matt

Simo Kinnunen

May 20, 2012, 12:59:16 AM5/20/12
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

I can see the issue, but there's no way I will spend the little free time I have going through 673KB of JavaScript. Please construct a smaller test case by removing scripts one by one until you find the problematic code.

One thing you might want to try is to remove this:

.cufon-loading * { visibility: hidden !important }

and see if anything changes. Nothing should, but who knows…

Simo
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cufón" group.

incacola

May 20, 2012, 6:15:56 AM5/20/12
to cufón
Hi Simo

Fully appreciated; I'll pass this MSG onto my developers and will let
you know how they get on. Thanks for your time in answering back. Matt