cufon-yui have to be in <head> in IE

Schovi

May 8, 2012, 9:10:03 AM5/8/12
to cufón
Hello,

I have simple page with lot of scripts, which i compile into one and
load then on the bottom of page (before </body>)
In this pack i have cufon-yui, my cufon font and Cufon.replace('.grm')
too. Everything works fine in modern browsers like Chrome and Firefox.
But when i run this in IE, it will do nothing. After some debugging I
found, that cufon-yui and my cufon font have to be in <head> tag to
works properly in IE. Cufon.replace('.grm') can be in my script then.

Is there any workaround to solve this?

Thanks,
David

Simo Kinnunen

May 8, 2012, 9:29:47 AM5/8/12
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you using a normal <script>, it should work. If you are using some kind of a loader, it probably doesn't and won't work. Also, if you load Cufón at the bottom of the page, you will always get the flash of unstyled text, no matter what. Your page might load slightly faster but the user experience will only get worse. That is why I always recommend loading Cufón in <head>.

Simo

iPhoneから送信

Schovi

May 10, 2012, 2:55:40 AM5/10/12