Mergesort Implementation

Fernando Mussel

Aug 24, 2015, 11:50:05 AM8/24/15
to CUDPP
Hi guys,

I'm a CompSci student and I'm currently studying GPU sorting algorithms, as part of an unit that I'm undertaking. One of the papers that I read
[Efficient Parallel Merge Sort for Fixed and Variable Length Keys, 2012], (which is also listed as a reference of cudpp library) describes a very interesting
mergesort implementation, which I wanted to take a further look into. I digged through cudpp's mergesort source code and it appears to me that it implements
the mergesort described in the aforementioned paper. Is that correct?

Thank you for your time.

Andrew Davidson

Aug 24, 2015, 2:24:04 PM8/24/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fernando,

Yes that's correct this code should match the implementation from the paper.
As a note though, there is a newer mergesort by Sean Baxter of NVIDIA here which is the current state of the art mergesort.

Andrew

Fernando Mussel

Aug 26, 2015, 9:12:26 PM8/26/15
to CUDPP
Thank you for not only taking the time to answer me, but also for pointing me to Sean's mergesort implementation. I had, somehow, missed it.

Thanks