cudpp on linux

Ankit Sood

Apr 15, 2014, 3:05:24 AM4/15/14
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm new at using CUDA and am studying a code which was originally wriiten on windows using visual studio. I'm trying to execute the code on Linux platform.
I find a file named 'RecMST.vcproj' in the original package. Can you please expalin me how can I use this on linux. What importance does this file have?

thanks...

Edmund Yan

Apr 15, 2014, 3:40:54 AM4/15/14
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ankit,

I'm not aware of RecMST.vcproj being related to the cudpp library.
Are you sure you are downloading it from the correct location? We have
moved to http://cudpp.github.io/ now. Unfortunately, we can only
provide support for cudpp-related issues, so if this is from a
different project, we won't be able to help.
- Edmund Y.

Ankit Sood

Apr 16, 2014, 5:24:07 AM4/16/14
to cu...@googlegroups.com, ey...@ucdavis.edu
Hi Edmund,

I found this file in a package which contains cuda kernals and program files. The code was implemented on windows using visual studios. All I wish to know is that what purpose does a *.vcproj file serve in windows? Do I need to use a linux equivalent? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mark Harris

Apr 16, 2014, 6:09:00 AM4/16/14
to cu...@googlegroups.com, ey...@ucdavis.edu
Ankit,

This is a mailing list for users of the CUDPP library, not for general help compiling CUDA code.  To ask general CUDA questions, try devtalk.nvidia.com forums or stackoverflow.com.

To answer your question, a vcproj is a Visual C++ project file.  It requires Visual Studio and Windows. If the project doesn't have a Makefile or other build system that can be used on Linux, you would of course have to create one from scratch.

Mark