git submodule update failed

Woolongtea

Feb 22, 2018, 2:09:18 AM2/22/18
to CUDPP
Hello,

I was trying to build cudpp on windows. I had problem in getting the 3rd party library cub and modergpu. I did exactly as the steps from the online document.

But in the last step git submodule update, I got the error
"
D:\opensource\cudpp>git submodule update
Cloning into 'D:/opensource/cudpp/ext/cub'...
Cloning into 'D:/opensource/cudpp/ext/moderngpu'...
Fetched in submodule path 'ext/cub', but it did not contain 9c335b9aacff874253c2f3e79c643230317438f0. Direct fetching of that commit failed.
"

Anyone could help solve this problem? If it's not easy to fix it, then which versions of cub moderngpu that are used by cudpp2.3, maybe I can download them myself instead of using git submodule update.

Thanks,
Longhua

Woolongtea

Feb 22, 2018, 2:09:18 AM2/22/18
to CUDPP
Hello,

I was trying to build CUDPP on windows. I did exactly as the steps from the online document.

"

Initial checkout

$ git clone https://github.com/cudpp/cudpp.git

With CUDPP 2.2, we've added suffix_array which has dependencies on cub and moderngpu libraries. They are added as submodules and you will need to pull them in using the following two commands in the cudpp/ root directory:

$ git submodule init

$ git submodule update

"

But in the last step $ git submodule update, I got the error:
"
D:\opensource\cudpp>git submodule update
Cloning into 'D:/opensource/cudpp/ext/cub'...
Cloning into 'D:/opensource/cudpp/ext/moderngpu'...
Fetched in submodule path 'ext/cub', but it did not contain 9c335b9aacff874253c2f3e79c643230317438f0. Direct fetching of that commit failed.
"

Anyone can help solve this problem?
If it's hard to fix, then which versions of cub and moderngpu that cudpp2.3 is using, maybe I can download the the 3rd party library myself instead of using git submodule update.

Thanks,
Longhua

Woolongtea

Feb 24, 2018, 10:19:39 PM2/24/18
to CUDPP
I've tried different version of cub and moderngpu, found that cub 1.6.4 and modergpu 1.1 work for cudpp2.3.

Don't use git submodule update method that suggested by the online instructions, just download the external libs yourself from github.

Best,
Longhua