Compile fails using CUDA 6.5RC

Bryan Novack

Jul 17, 2014, 4:33:57 PM7/17/14
to cu...@googlegroups.com
I'm attempting to compile cudpp 2.1 with cuda 6.5RC. It fails every time with the following error:
nvcc fatal : unsupported gpu architecture 'compute_10'

I did some digging into the CMakeLists files and found in src/cudpp/CMakeLists.txt (line 91) where it sets GENCODE to compute_10 without first checking the CUDPP_GENCODE_SM10 option.

I was able to get around the problem by commenting this line out, but I don't know if I am potentially introducing an instability to cudpp.

Thoughts?
Bryan

Mark Harris

Jul 17, 2014, 8:49:06 PM7/17/14
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Starting with CUDA 6.5 support is being dropped for sm_10 (the G80 architecture).  So we should also drop support from CUDPP (people who need it can use old versions of CUDA and CUDPP).  We should remove sm_10 in the master branch.

I created issue #141 to get this fixed.

Mark