Simple cudpp program error

谢乃闻

May 17, 2015, 11:08:31 AM5/17/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
   Hi, all.
   I am new to cudpp. My demo program "simple Cudpp" does not run well.
   My error is just like the previous one:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cudpp/w2WQod7nKnM

 "Failed to use CUDPP 2.0 on my desktop, windows7 sp1, GTX 660 Ti card, CUDA 5.0, VS2010
I have built CUDPP 2.0 successfully using CMAKE and VS2010.
But when I try to lauch the simpleCUDPP or the cudpp_testrig program, they hung up and keep stuck there.
For example, the simpleCUDPP seems to be trapped in the "cudaMalloc" routine between the two breakpoint in the image above.".

   My working platform is "win 7 sp1, GTX 660 TI card, cuda 5.5 vs 2008"
   Different from the previous question, I want do build the program in sm_2.0 architecture. but I do not know why the program fails when the configuration is already set in cMakeList,.
   Thanks.

John Owens

May 17, 2015, 11:10:43 AM5/17/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Well, first, do try to let the program run for a while if it's trying to possibly JIT kernels.
Second, can you successfully build and run other programs (the CUDA samples for instance)?
Third, we are not testing CUDPP any more with such an old version of CUDA. It would be a lot easier to try to reproduce your case if you were up to date on CUDA releases (7.0).

JDO

谢乃闻

Jun 1, 2015, 12:26:23 PM6/1/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I already solve it by the solution provided by  yizhi tang in https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cudpp/w2WQod7nKnM

在 2015年5月17日星期日 UTC+8下午11:10:43,John Owens写道: