Columbia prepares for Gamecocks' championship parade, announces road closures

1 view

Paul Sisco

Apr 14, 2024, 4:10:00 PMApr 14
to Training School Group

Margo Macdonald

Apr 15, 2024, 5:46:00 AMApr 15
to cubs63@googlegroups.com Inc.
The parade had a huge turnout.   It ended with Dawn Staley being presented with a championship belt like the wrestlers have.  I make no judgement but I am sure it was not covered with diamonds and rubies.  Nonetheless, it was a glorious day for the team.  Kamilla Cardoso put off her trip to New York for the WMBA’s picks for the draft, and she left after the parade.

Our downtown is the place to be, visit or live.  On Saturday, the Soda City outside market takes place.  People plus dogs go to eat, stroll the shops and generally enjoy the outdoors.

Who would believe that Columbia, SC would be a forward looking planning place.  It has taken 20 years to make these changes from a place where there was no people downtown on Saturday to a place full of fun and commerce.

I had a lovely time.
Margo

Raymond Spence

Apr 15, 2024, 6:50:37 AMApr 15