Chad LaFleue

Phil Aquino

Jul 20, 2024, 8:49:13 AM (2 days ago) Jul 20
to cub...@googlegroups.com

You from Training might remember Chad and Laurie LaFleur. They were twins a year behind us at Central

This is Chad’s obituary from Facebook.

It is with a very heavy heart that I share the news of the unexpected passing of my precious father, Charles "Ched" LaFleur.

The last few years have been very challenging for him, as he faced one health battle after another. Yet, just three weeks ago, his doctor told him he was a modern medical marvel. He was in remission from stage 4 colon cancer. When he was diagnosed with cirrhosis in 2013, he made the decision to never drink again. His resolve was extraordinary. Through it all, he never once complained, choosing instead to remain steadfast in his gratitude.

Dad was always positive, supportive, encouraging, and generous with everyone he came in contact with - be it family, friends, or strangers. Being short of stature himself, he was always a quick protector of women, children, and animals, and he never tolerated bullies.

He loved time with his friends playing pool, golf and shuffleboard, making music, and going fishing or camping. He was also a bit of a Renaissance man. He was a golden gloves boxer, a practiced martial artist, avid coin collector, skilled classical guitarist, and a profoundly gifted painter. His artwork hangs in many homes across the nation. Speaking of this nation, Dad was a proud Vietnam War veteran, having served this country he truly loved.

With all of that, the thing that mattered most of all to him was his family. He and his sisters, Laurie (his twin) and Carroll, the youngest, faced the world and their collective hardships as the Three Musketeers. In 2009, he left Memphis to move in with our family in Northeast Ohio. We were quite the menagerie, often having as many as four generations living under one roof. He would be the first to say that he wouldn't have had it any other way. Nothing made him happier than everyone being together. He celebrated every one of our accomplishments, big or small.

A proud retiree from the University of Memphis, Dad was a constant supporter of the Tigers. Having transplanted to Cleveland, he discovered the magic of Cleveland sports and loved watching the Browns with Doug and me on Sundays.

For myself, a daughter raised by a single father at a time when very few fathers were doing so, I am eternally grateful for his unwavering love and support. I miss him so very, very much. I love you, Dad. I hope and pray you are joyous, peaceful and reconnected with the loved ones who went before you... and that I'll be with you again one day.

Phil

Raymond Spence

Jul 20, 2024, 9:11:47 AM (2 days ago) Jul 20
to cub...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for sharing, Phil

Raymond

Christina Winter

Jul 21, 2024, 6:22:36 PM (15 hours ago) Jul 21
to cub...@googlegroups.com
Phil - I am seconding Raymond. Thanks for sharing. Tina
Christina S. Winter, Ed.D.